The McCully House Inn, located in Jacksonville, OR, welcomes all guests. However, due to the historical significance of our 1860 Inn, recognized by the National Registry of Historic Places, the Inn is not wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the property’s historical significance.
The physical barriers include the following:
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- No rooms include a roll-in shower.
- There is no elevator.
- There are three steps at the front door entrance of the Main House.
- There is a concrete step at the 5th Street entrance.
So all guests can enjoy McCully House Inn, significant steps have been taken, and our efforts are ongoing to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following for those with limited disabilities:
- The Jacksonville Suite: Located on the ground floor and close to parking and the 5th Street entrance, this room features a king-size canopy bed, sitting area, private patio, writing desk, whirlpool tub, and large walk-in shower. Although no roll-in shower exists, we have provided grab bars in the shower.
- The McCully Suite: Located on the ground floor of the Main House overlooking the newly restored English garden, this room features a king-size bed, sitting area, writing desk, and large walk-in shower. The room has wooden floors with an area rug underneath the bed. Although no roll-in shower exists, we have provided grab bars in the shower.
- The City of Jacksonville manages the parking district. There is one accessible parking space designated with a blue concrete bumper.
- The restaurant, to be open in the fall, will have an ADA entrance.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit McCully House Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all guests, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, or other characteristics. We do not tolerate discrimination and strive to create an atmosphere where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported.
- We are committed to providing accessibility for all individuals, including those with disabilities, per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Oregon Building Code. We have made significant efforts to remove accessibility barriers where possible to provide accommodations to meet the needs of guests with disabilities.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- Once reserved, we guarantee that each guest room is held for the reserving customer and removed from all reservation systems. We also make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure accessible descriptions and barriers are included on their platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs are provided access to all areas of the Inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us at (541) 899-6806 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue implementing the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Periodically, our website is tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may contact us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website, by email or by calling the number below: